Monday, February 13, 2012

February 6, 2012: A-CORDing to Me!

Neck-wear, neck-wear... all about it. My very first creation of this year, and first post on Period Ten is a crochet cord scarf. Well, now I have several of them because I love them so much and always get fantastic compliments. They can be wrapped around to form a bunchy, warm wrap for your neck or they can be worn loosely, acting more like a necklace. I wanted to make some that had a different stitch. So I looked up other ways to make a crochet cord. I found one that was exactly what I was looking for. It would create a lighter (thinner) cord and looked decorative - and looked harder than it actually is - always a plus!

This is the first one I made. It took me about an hour - one episode of House on Fox :)


 Since that only took an hour... I figured, why not bang out another while watching American Idol - wait no... it was Hoarders!

And then I got a little crazy with some RHS Rams themed ones... who will be the lucky recipients?

 How did I learn how to make this cord you ask... well...



Yes this is in some other language... (pause for serious Internet search...) It's Russian!! Haha. Figured it out. Ok, so I am adding YouTube tutorials to my list of things to "make." Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment