Sunday, February 5, 2012

January 23, 2012: Happy Braid-Day to Me!

Oh yes... on this day I turned 31 (YIKES!). Thank God I can honestly say that I have quite a bit to show for my 31 years of life so far :) More to come! For my birthday I went to NYC with my mom for the evening for dinner and... some serious jewelry supply shopping! Our favorite place to go is Metalliferous. Unfortunately it is not open on weekends so we decided this was the perfect day. We also visited another favorite - Beads World at Broadway and 38th. Finally, before boarding the train to head home... we went to get me a NEW CAMERA!! Which I plan to use to take quality pictures of myself. No, not real. I will be taking pictures of the things that I create as well as my nephews, memorable moments, family, friends, landscapes, etc! Cannot wait! Stay tuned.

So when I returned from the B-day extravaganza, I was quick to use some of my new clamp-ends and magnet clasps. These two wrap bracelets are made with copper-colored satin cord. One is done using the braid technique described in the January 22nd post. The other is a 4-part braid with a chain weaving in and out of the stitches. Both are closed with magnetic clasps that I have mentioned in other posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment