Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February 8, 2012: It's a bird... It's a plane... Its JERSEY!

(First, let me apologize... I am falling a bit behind with updating you on my creations! Gasp! - Life... what can ya do?) 
I have always been interested in new ways to recycle old magazine pages. They are so colorful and fun but the darn things pile up and up and up! While browsing DIY stuff on YouTube, I came across this neat idea for a recycled magazine necklace. 

I didn't really have a ton of time so I just played around with the idea, rolling and gluing, rolling and gluing. I wrapped some paper around the abstract shape that I came up with and poured some of the resin over it.
When it dried I picked it up and saw... JERSEY!? I did not even mean to make it :)

With Flash

I decided it would make a wonderful key chain so I drilled a hole in the resin. Then I strung a piece of wax linen cord through the hole and attached a key ring. Ta-da! Recycled magazine Jersey key chain!

No comments:

Post a Comment