Sunday, February 5, 2012

January 24, 2012: Picture Perfect

How exciting to have a camera that is appropriate for this day in age! I have truly been inspired by the photography that some of my students have done. I also grew up down the road from Peter's Valley Craft Center, of which my mom was the Director for many years. This led me to be surrounded by amazing artists. Among them was Bill Abranowitz (absolutely amazing... check him out!). Reluctantly I will share of the brilliant photographs that he took of me and my sister back in the day.

I have little experience in the area of photography but I truly admire and appreciate it as an art form. So my new camera will help me "play around" with photography a little better :). My first run with the new camera, fittingly, was done in and around Peters Valley. This is a truly fantastic place where artists come from all over the world to create, learn, teach and spread the joy of art. The physical aspect of Peters Valley, location, architecture, natural landscape, etc., holds a vast amount of history, which also draws people from all over. Peters Valley is right in the heart of the land that was confiscated during the Tocks Island Dam Project. It is truly worth the ride... even if you can't ride a bike there like me :)!

Below are the pictures that I took. The resolution is actually awesome but I had to make it smaller to upload the video. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment