Saturday, February 11, 2012

January 30, 2012: Tear-able T!

When in doubt, rip up a T-shirt!

I was soooo tired on this Monday night but knew I had to do something. Luckily I have this awesome book on hand by Megan Nicolay about transforming T-shirts! Check out Generation T. Also, here is the first video that I saw on Threadbanger Channel onYouTube that caused me to buy her book:



She's cool right? Check out her website for cool crafting ideas and to buy her books if you are interested. From her many ideas, I chose "Back in Action" for this Monday night project. I had a cool navy colored T-shrit that I got at a rummage sale somewhere along the line. I love the fact that it announces "Undercover Police" on the front... fabulous! Even though I find it incredibly cool, I have so many T-shirts that I never get around to wearing it. So I decided to make it into something... more than a T!

Here it is:

Basically I cut the collar out to create a wide neckline. Then I cut the back of the shirt into strips. Then I "laddered" the strips. Laddering is kinda hard to explain in writing... but here's a video that I found that can explain it... (PS... I think it is hysterical and awesome that many instructional videos on YouTube are actually done by... yup... high school-aged kids... again - we need education reform NOW... to have an educational system that actually recognizes and capitalizes on the world that these kids are living in - conclude rant...) Here's the link to the video.



No comments:

Post a Comment