Saturday, February 11, 2012

January 31, 2012: Winging It

For this bracelet I used soldering techniques that I have described in past posts. The wing piece is sterling silver and the base is copper. Both pieces are from a box of someone's old jewelry-projects-went-wrong. I think my mom picked this box up at a rummage sale or something because it had metal findings :).
The truth is, I started this bracelet in December sometime but didn't finish it until today. Originally I had it on a piece of hemp cord and tied a knot to close it around my wrist. Well, that was not working out. I did not have the copper piece bent correctly so it was tipping forward and the wing was digging into my wrist... awesome - not to mention that it was a huge pain in the butt to put on and take off.
Which brings me to today :) I decided to use one of my new favorites, a magnetic clasp! They truly are the best clasps for bracelets because you do not have to awkwardly contort your wrist and fingers to close it... it just closes itself nicely. I folded a coper chain three times to make it a little bulkier and more secure. I actually really like it now. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment