Monday, January 16, 2012

January 10, 2012: T-riffic Wall Decor

This was one of those nights when I felt awful. I wanted to make something new but I really could not spend too much time on it. Thinking back to a recent conversation with a friend, (Beth maybe... was it you?) I was inspired by the idea to use embroidery hoops to turn old fabric into interesting works of art for your wall. A simple internet search lead me to this pintrest site with all kinds of cool ideas! You can find and abundance of embroidery hoops in thrift stores where they sell for about 10 cents - 25 cents a piece.  Needless to say, my project for this night in particular is less than stellar... but I got something done and opened a can of worms for future projects! This one is the back of a 2010 World Cup T-shrit. The front of the shirt was an advertisement for Guinness, which I do enjoy but I never wore the shirt. I cut out the soccer ball and put it on the embroidery hoop. Viola! Not overly involved but it does look pretty cool. Perhaps I will add to it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment