Sunday, January 8, 2012

January 6, 2012: Suzie Homemaker Hair Tie

This past June I went to Atlantic City to the Dave Matthews Caravan. It was a three-day music festival featuring many of my favorite bands... thrilling... a great way to start my summer. While I was there I bought a cool headband that was made in Indonesia. There was a deal where you could buy three for twenty dollars but I only bought one. Why? Well, because I looked at it and thought.. I can definitely make these. It was not until Friday after returning home from Ski Club that I actually put my sewing machine where my mouth was. 

This headband is made out of an old plaid, button-down shirt and some elastic. It is called the Suzie Homemaker Hair Tie because I made it for my sister. She loves plaid, country-looking things and she has great hair... and a lot of it! She has two little, very energetic boys and is always busy being the best mom ever. Now she can do that with her hair held back in a country-chic homemaker hair tie!

No comments:

Post a Comment