Sunday, January 8, 2012

January 7, 2012: A Bottle of Luck

Back to the bottle! No, no... bottle caps and epoxy! After hammering the heck out of a bottle cap the other day I noticed that the edges would turn in on their own, rather than out. So I decided to try to Mod-Podge some cool designs in the back and let the cap pin the paper in when I hammered it flat. After I had the background I was actually satisfied with the look. But, then I looked at the magazine that I had just cut the images out of and I saw the words "lucky girl" and I know I had to incorporate those words somehow. Once I glued the words on to the background I punched holes in the caps using a metal hole puncher. Then I placed the caps on top of each other, lining up the holes, and used rivets to stick them together. Next I put epoxy over the words and waited for that to dry. Lastly, I attached the chain and clasp. I plan to wear this one... after all... I am a truly lucky girl! (a kid at heart!)

No comments:

Post a Comment