Monday, January 16, 2012

January 9, 2012: Nothing to Waste!

Having long hair all of my life... (well... that is, since I was old enough to make my own decisions about my hair...) I have had an interest in cool ways to wear my hair and fun things to put in my hair. I had some tie dye T-shirt material left over from the scarf from Sunday so I decided to make some headbands. (Nothing to waste! It is always a good idea to keep your scraps! I will show you something fun to do with your scraps in a future post.)  For each headband I used 4 (about) 20 inch T-shirt strands. Specifically, I used 2 brown and 2 tie dye strands for each. The first one is a 4-part round braid (this is the video that I originally learned this braid from... it is with leather but the technique can be used with your hair, T-shirt material, leather, or whatever! http://youtu.be/0afO40tsqAc ) The second one is also a 4-part braid but flat. This braid can be done a couple of ways. The way this one is made is by taking the strand on the left and going (to the right) over, under, over. Then a new strand is on the left... take that one and do the same: over, under, over. Repeat. There are tons of tutorials out there on different kinds of braids so just get the gist of it and then be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment