Sunday, January 22, 2012

January 20, 2012: Possible... what a word!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.Dalai Lama

To make this ring I used many of the techniques I have explained in past posts (check-em!) The ring itself is made of nickel-silver and I hammered and bent it using a ring mandrel and soldered it closed. Then I soldered an old watch setting to the ring. Next I painted the inside of the setting with ModPodge to seal off any cracks or crevices. Next, I put in the word "possible" that I cut out of an old dictionary. I think this might be my favorite word in the English language. If you take a second to consider it's meaning... it is inspiring. Really.. it applies to anyone's life... and anything you want to do. Most things are possible if making it happen is a priority to you. :)

Well, once my favorite word was adequately ModPodged into this watch setting, I covered it with resin.... several coatings. The reality is that I did this over the course of several days and only finished it on Friday 1/20/12. So here it is :) Enjoy the possibilities friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment