Monday, January 16, 2012

January 13, 2012: A Better Batch

I am branching into the DIY bath and body world and it is very exciting. There is much to learn about natural ingredients and various methods used to create the products. Today I learned all about making soap and I ordered the ingredients... so stay tuned for soap! Ok, so back to lip balm. I used the same procedure as the last batch but made some slight modifications to the ingredients. This batch includes beeswax, olive oil, sweet almond oil, shea butter, sunflower oil and peppermint oil. I also got this container at Michael's in the bead section. For a little bit o' shimmer and color I added something that is used in fondant and icing coloring. I got it at A.C. Moore in the cake decorating section. It was in a little vile and called "luster dust." I thought this would be a good addition for color because it obviously would not be harmful if it got in your mouth. I am waiting for the lip balm containers that I ordered and I still am not completely satisfied with the final product so... more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment