Monday, January 16, 2012

January 8, 2012: Tired to Tie Dye

One of my favorite creative pastimes is making t-shirt scarves. They are ridiculously simple and always result in a fun, versatile accessory! So, on this Sunday evening, post blog-updating and school-week-prep, I found myself incredibly exhausted... yet committed to continuing my daily creations. I had just purchased two old tie dye T-shirts from the Salvation Army so I decided to whip up a scarf. To make this scarf/necklace, start by cutting the T-shirt straight across from armpit to armpit. Next, cut off the bottom hem of the shirt. This should leave you with a rectangular piece of T-shirt. The piece should be in one connected loop. Cut strips (about 1 inch wide) from side to side. When you have all of your strips, pick them up individually and pull them so that the T-shirt material curls up and forms a noodle-like shape. Each strip should now be curled up. Put them together and you have your noodle scarf! Many more variations to come! Check out this great tutorial I found! : http://madethislovethis.com/made/tshirtscarf/

No comments:

Post a Comment